CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9.09.2009

Eh.

Sitting in my room, alone with the two mice. I miss rattie faces peeking through the bars, little rattie paws grabbing for treats, little rattie bruxing. The mice, instead, insist on throwing their bedding out of their cage as far as possible, littering the dresser and floor with bedding. I caught Sweet P doing it once, and, as soon as she saw me stuff some of the bedding back in, fled back in their new cuddle cup. The mice are wonderful, but I cannot trust them to roam around or snuggle in my lap or do rat things. They are mice, after all.

Scary to think it has been nearly two months without a daily rat fix, every day. Even with all of my insane business, I have decided I need rats. Really, I need them. Shylah from SNR still has some left, so I'm going to try to get down to southern Maryland this month and find me some snuggle buddies.

Along with rat deprivation comes rat drama. It's scarily everywhere, and whenever I try to log onto Goosemoose for some cute pictures, I end up reading the long threads where everyone's arguing over this breeder or another or this person or blah blah blah. Do I think it's bad that someone might have taken in too many rats and now has to rehome them? Yes. Do I think I need to spread my opinion all over a forum not labeled for opinion-giving and make them feel terrible about themselves? No. They are little creatures that cannot control their circumstances. Just help the little ratties out.

So ends the grumpy rodent-lover rant.

1 comments:

Rattie said...

I went one year without rats and it was a very very long year.