CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12.10.2008

Babies and Babysitting!

...Another rattie arrived today.

Last night Ricky and I picked up a friend's rat for me to babysit over the winter break. She's having surgery over the break and already has an ornery old himmy to look after, so I said I could babysit (since Ricky has the other 6 girls...). She came into my friend's care based on my suggestion - someone had dropped off a poor older female rat at the pet store because her cagemate had died and the owner decided that they didn't want to take care of her anymore. I decided to tell my friend about the white rat in the pet store, and, sure enough, three days later she was roaming around her room. When she asked me to take care of Trill, I couldn't stay no.

For all of the rat nerds out there, Trill is a beige capped girl with a white blaze. She's maybe a year a half old and has some hair loss on her tummy (I think from overgrooming) and around her ears. She spent a good amount of time curled up on my lap while I scritched her ears. Having a rat that is, for five weeks, mine, is ridiculously exciting to me. Having a lone rat (especially a girl) is hard work since females have the tendency to get bored easily. That means lots of toys and playtime every day. As a bored college student on winter break, this is perfect for me. I plan on spending most of my time playing with Trill and the meeces along with lots of reading and relaxing.

Besides Trill, I soon might have some more babies in my life. The pet store also breeds sweet fancy mice, and they currently have a pile of already-spotted pinkies. I've already gone over a few times this week to hold the babies, and hinted to Ricky that maybe a larger cage and some more babies for Christmas would be nice...

My Rodent Wish List:
- more blue berkshires...
- some adorable meeces
- a new mouse cage
- rattie and mousie toys
- a maze for playtime
- lots and lots of Carefresh and Regal Rat!

0 comments: